Nowadays, graduation is not the end of education. In fact, one doesn’t get anywhere until one takes some professional course after graduation, which serves as a base for special training. After graduation in Arts, Science or Commerce, a fleet of students rushes for an MBA degree. Even engineers with a bachelor’s degree feel the need to end off with an MBA to get good jobs. What factors attract so many students towards post-graduation in Business Administration? Why do so many students choose MBA as a career?
Reasons for choosing MBA as a career
- Graduation is the per-qualification for MBA. A graduate in any stream can do MBA. Hence, students of all streams choose MBA.
- MBA is a PG course that aims at training candidates for managerial positions. MBA students bag high profile jobs and get good salary packages.
- A degree in technical subjects is not enough form the point of view of recruiters. They prefer candidates who have professional training in addition to technical knowledge.
- MBA makes transition to the corporate world easy and smooth.
- MBA hones the personal skills of students.
- MBA allows scope for higher study and deep knowledge.
- MBA inculcates management and administration skills.
- MBA is possible and available in a large number of specializations. One who wishes to make a unique and different career can choose an uncommon subject for specialization. The scope and importance of MBA is increasing day-by-day.
- MBA course includes some key skills that can be transferred in other areas fruitfully.
- MBA degree equips you to establish and manage your own business and generate employment. A business owner with an MBA degree performs much better as an entrepreneur compared to one without formal professional training.
- MBA offers a platform to enhance soft skills and presentation skills.
- MBA course includes a short internship or summer placement and gives an exposure to industry and practical training.
- MBA implies putting book knowledge to ground reality.
- MBA is a practice oriented course. Knowledge can be applied for practical purposes through training in MBA course.
Thus we find that MBA is useful for personal growth as well as career growth. Hence it is in great demand irrespective of the foundational degree course.
S.B. Patil MBA College, Pune is an ideal college for procuring an MBA degree. The faculty are highly qualified and experienced. The college offers state-of-the-art facilities including separate hostels for girls and boys. The atmosphere in the college is conducive to learning and is maintained via strict disciplinary rules and regulations. Industry visits and guest lectures are organized all the year round. Most students get selected in campus interviews.