If you are seeking admission for MBA course, you have to go through an admission procedure which is not as simple as you think. You have to get good scores in entrance tests. Your marks in the degree course take you up to the stage of an interview. Before an interview, the college often conducts a written test and a GD. However, the final decision depends on the personal interview. You have to put up your best image and impression at the time of an interview.
Here are some tips that will help you to prepare for an interview for MBA admission.
- Be in time. Reach early but not late. Start in time leaving some margin for unexpected events like punctures, bus failures, traffic jams which are beyond our control. If you cannot be in time for an interview, how can anyone expect you to be in time for the office?
- Wear a decent and formal dress. Let it be simple and respectable. Attractive gaudy coloured dresses may create a negative impression.
- Keep all your documents and certificates neatly arranged in a file in such a way that you should be able to produce any certificate quickly on demand. Rummaging in the file when asked for something implies wasting time of the interviewers and it will not be appreciated.
- Ask permission to enter the room before you enter and do not sit down until you are asked to do so. Thank the members of the interviewing committee for offering you a seat and greet them respectfully before you begin.
- Sit in a comfortable posture but not in a causal way; the way you sit, talk, make gestures, your tone, your expressions, movements, etc. speak of your attitude and interviewers constantly make a note of these details. Do not fold your hands or cross your legs during an interview.
- Answer the questions that are asked. Avoid giving additional information unnecessarily. See that your answers are precise and to the point.
- Try to be at ease. Ease your mind, muster courage and face the interview bravely. Any sign of fear or nervousness will not escape the interviewers’ eyes.
- Remember that you are seeking a high profile job course. Let your confidence match your aspirations.
- You will be asked to say something about yourself initially. Decide what you are going to say. Let it be enough but limited. Do not go deep into personal details.
- Avoid movements like twitching your fingers, biting fingernails or twiddling with a pen. Look straight ahead at the interviewers.
- Gather some information about the syllabus, the college in which you are seeking admission, the scope of the course, in case you are asked related questions.
MBA interviews can sometimes be more challenging than you may imagine. If you are well-prepared you can crack the nut assuredly.
At S. B. Patil MBA College, the admission process is simple. If you possess the necessary qualifications as per the University rules and if you produce all necessary documents, the college provides complete support so that you can clear he admission steps easily. S. B. Patil is a renowned MBA College that ensures 100% placement to the students.